ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Green Our Planet Studios (GoPS) is a film production and curriculum development BCorps that creates social impact films and curricula that help change the world. GoPS is a new company that emerged from the nonprofit, Green Our Planet (GoP) during COVID, when teachers started asking GoP for online resources to share with their students that connected STEM learning to gardens.
The filmmaking team at GoP started creating video lessons to Next Gen Science Standards for teachers to show to students. They were so well received that the GoP Virtual Academy was born. Soon, corporations and philanthropists were asking for similar videos but on different subjects: Social Emotional Learning (SEL), Financial Literacy, etc. All of these were outside of Green Our Planet’s nonprofit mandate, which is to foster STEM and conservation learning.
Therefore, Green Our Planet Studios was spun off from the nonprofit and is now an independent company. GoPS has created a library of over 400 award-winning, STEM, conservation and nutrition films that are hosted on Green Our Planet’s Magic Garden Portal, an LMS platform where teachers can access resources. Green Our Planet Studios is currently creating curricula and associated video lessons that cover STEM, SEL, Fin Lit and other subjects. and is now looking for a Director of Business Development (DBD). The DBD
You believe in the power of film in education and its ability to transform lives. Leading business development to achieve that goal would be your dream job. In this role, you will have the opportunity to have a positive impact on communities through Green Our Planet’s STEM education, nutrition and conservation programs and be part of a dynamic and innovative organization that is rapidly expanding across the United States and beyond.
The Director of Business Development will create a business model to license GoPS’ film library and in addition will help bring in film production projects so that GoPS can continue making social impact films.
- Strategic Leader/Tactically Skilled: You are a flexible and adaptive leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical sales initiatives. Making it happen is your superpower. You know when to lead, when to follow, and when to work autonomously to execute a plan. Your strong organizational and time management skills include exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven People Leader – You know how to hire, develop, and manage a high performing team. You understand your team’s skills, contributions, and areas of development. You provide candid feedback, coaching, and motivation to engage and retain talent.
- Communicator — You have strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Influencer – You have the ability to influence inside and outside of the organization – bringing cross-functional teams together and partners to the table, resulting in loyal
- Collaborative – You are able to quickly gain respect at all levels of the organization. You are a true team player who listens, asks probing questions, and allows others to be heard.
- Results Driven – You find ways to succeed no matter what the challenge, taking ownership of responsibilities by evaluating, selecting, and employing various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives. You are self-directed. And most importantly, you know how to deliver expected or agreed upon results.
- Growth Mindset – Your natural way of being is to look for ways to improve, whether that means learning new skills, trying out new strategies, or making big changes to how you work. When encountering a setback, you don’t focus on the barriers, but rather you find ways to progress and see opportunities for growth.
- High energy and passion – Your belief in the GOPS mission shines through your passion and energy.
The Director of Business Development (DBD) is a senior-level leader who may have previously worked at an Ed Tech company and has a good knowledge of this world. They will provide management, leadership, and vision to ensure GoPS meets its short-term and long-term revenue objectives. They will establish and implement the infrastructure needed to grow the company through film production and film library sales. The main duties and responsibilities include:
Market Research & Sales
- Analyze the potential market by conducting research to evaluate potential customer needs for GoPS to provide high quality educational curricula and films to any foundations, institutions, philanthropists and companies that want to create a positive social impact on the world.
- Analyze the potential markets that may have a need for the GoPS film library and create a sales strategy based on that analysis on how to reach that market to create yearly revenue.
- Build a sales team based on the strategy.
- Build a sales tracking system using Hubspot to actively seek new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking, digital marketing, social media and follow up calls etc.
- Make regular client visits showing prospects the full experience of the Green Our Planet Studios product offerings, in person or virtually.
- Generate customized proposals and follow through negotiations to close.
- Collaborate with the CEO and VP of Impact and Partnerships to develop a marketing strategy for GoPS that will help connect with potential customers and build market awareness.
- Develop and refine Green Our Planet Studios’ “core” messages to ensure they target appropriate target markets.
- Collaborate with the CEO to develop GoPS’ website.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree/Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience
This is a hybrid/remote position with a preference for candidates who are within an hour an airport and willing to travel as needed to the headquarters location of Las Vegas, NV and and to prospective clients (anticipated 10-20% travel). Base salary is $75K plus guaranteed commission of $25K and no-cap commission (estimated on track earnings is $150K+).
Interested candidates, please email your resume to email@example.com