Linsey Careers is working exclusively on this role with Fossil. Please contact us directly if you are interested in this role.
You are a creative and agile corporate instructional designer who thrives when helping an organization design and develop non-technical training including bringing leadership development strategies to life such as product launches, leadership development, retail training, product training, selling skill development, onboarding and more. Using instructional design methodologies and adult learning principles, you would lead the development of eLearning, workshops (in-person and virtual), curation of content, and blended learning solutions to support Fossil Group’s employee development, performance, and overall growth as individuals and leaders.
Success in this role requires a blend of critical thinking, curiosity, and creative skills. The ideal candidate is someone with experience and a passion for designing learning solutions that impact employees at the organizational level including leadership development programs and supporting overall employee development and growth.
- Strategic Thinker/Tactically Skilled– You can see the forest through the trees and know how to craft strategic short and long-term programs that are aligned with business goals. At the same time, you can’t wait to roll-up your sleeves and get the work done.
- Be Distinctive– It’s not enough to be different. Stand out and Shine! Always shoot for better.
- Get Results – Be accountable. Be scrappy. Be proactive. Make it happen.
- Focus & Distort – Pool your energy and resources to go after the biggest opportunities.
- Be Fast & Agile – Be purposefully fast. Stay ahead of your customers.
- All For One – Collaborate. Partner. Trust. Help others be their best.
- Self-Manage – Own your projects and results. Be self-aware. Be open. Self-develop.
- Leads the content development cycle including the analysis, design, development, and curation of modules, programs, experiences, tools, etc. Demonstrates creativity and the use of best practices in adult learning and instructional design to support regional and global corporate development initiatives. Specific focus on onboarding, leadership, performance management, high potential programs, soft skills and company-wide development programs.
- Conducts needs assessment (intakes) and effectively work with functional subject matter experts and internal clients.
- Develops outlines, storyboards, and final learning products using multiple delivery modalities including e-learning, in-person/virtual development, blended learning, videos, job aids, simulations, skills practice, games, etc.
- Demonstrates creativity, flexibility, and innovation in the development of material
- Strong consulting, research, and problem-solving skills in the recommendation of learning solutions
- Builds relationships with internal and external partners to ensure a spirit of inclusion, diversity of ideas, and wide program acceptance
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training and make recommendations to maintain, enhance, and modify programs to support business
- Facilitate training sessions as needed, including end-user testing and pilot workshops to evaluate content and flow effectiveness
- Advanced knowledge of instructional design methodology and adult learning theory
- Intermediate knowledge of retail business operations
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Articulate 360 (Storyline, Rise)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in small and large group environments
- Self-directedwith the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Strong project management skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to establish positive working relationships across the organization
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Facilitation experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Human Resources, Business, or other related fields; or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in retail sales/retail management
- 5+ years designing and building training experiences for selling and service skills
- 5+ years designing and building in-person/virtual workshops, e-learning/modules, videos, simulations, games, etc. with emphasis on engagement and long term retention
- Working knowledge of key leadership principles, how talent life cycles work, and HR fundamentals
To apply, please send your resume to resumes @ linseycareers.com
INCLUDE Instructional Design in the subject line