The big PR agency is NOT where you want to be. Your entrepreneurial spirit inspires you to provide solid PR strategies for innovative start-ups or better known and larger tech brands. You excel at technology public relations and have strong media relationships in the tech sector. In this firm you also have the chance to broaden your professional knowledge and skill sets to span social media and content creation/content marketing. You thrive in a collaborative, non-hierarchal environment that allows flexibility, encourages professional growth, and rewards results. And you can even bring your dog to the office, or work remotely from wherever you are.
The Program Director is passionate about clients and their business. This vital role serves a dual function as the client’s primary contact and strategic counselor, and as the day-to-day account manager. In this key position they must flawlessly execute all client/team responsibilities.
The Program Director is actively engaged in program implementation and seeks to hone their existing tech PR skills while learning new strategies and tactics. They have proven experience leading technology communications programs targeting both consumer and business-to-business audiences. A natural collaborator, this person quickly gains the trust and respect of others and builds strong relationships.
Entrepreneurial – Seeks opportunities to develop and promote innovative ideas to increase the business. Thrives in a creative environment where new ideas and ways of doing business are rewarded. Demonstrates ability to expand in new directions or acquire new business.
Strategic Thinker/Tactically Skilled – Can see the forest through the trees and knows how to craft strategic short and long-term programs that are aligned with business goals. At the same time, can’t wait to roll-up the sleeves and get the work done.
Abundance Thinking – Seeks to find the “best” in every situation. Sees possibilities and opportunities where others see problems or limitations. Is passionate about VOXUS, clients and technology.
Rigorous Thinking – Uses analysis and logical thought processes to approach and solve difficult problems to create effective and creative solutions. Identifies, analyzes and discusses decision making alternatives with multiple stakeholders. Makes timely decisions despite conflict or uncertainty, after considering the available courses of action and the needs and values of others.
Collaboration – Willingly works in collaboration with one’s colleagues within own team, across VOXUS, and with clients, developing positive, open working relationships in order to solve problems and to deliver business goals. Holds self and others accountable for delivering work commitments. Develops, nurtures and leverages relationships to accomplish the best results.
Trusted Advisor – Able to quickly gain the respect and trust of clients, direct reports, peers, and VOXUS leadership team. Understands the importance of listening, asking probing questions and allowing others to be heard.
Results Driven – Finds ways to succeed no matter what the challenge. Takes ownership of responsibilities by evaluating, selecting and employing various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives. Establishes or follows a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure objectives are met. Delivers expected or agreed upon results.
Quality Commitment – Has a consistent attitude and respect for high quality standards. Seeks and shares expertise on best practices. Maintains quality standards despite schedule pressures.
Organized – Plans, organizes and monitors performance according to priorities. Uses schedules and flow charts to track progress. Arranges work schedules to meet critical deadlines. Documents activities and tasks for future reference. Anticipates problems and develops plans to deal with the unexpected.
Professionally Mature – Demonstrates confidence, experience, and poise under pressure.
- Active, ongoing cultivation of high-level media and analyst relationships.
- Provide necessary research and analysis for both clients and prospects.
- Strong writing ability, both individually and through development of team member writing ability.
- Creation/review of PR documents (releases, case studies, contributed articles, budget/plan documents, etc.).
- Effective planning and management of major program elements including: key message development/refinement, launches, tours, events, editorial, award, speaker placement, social media programs, etc.
- Serve as day-to-day contact for clients, providing strategic counsel and guidance.
- Oversee all program work to ensure that deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Mentor team members to deliver programs that meet client business objectives.
- Manage campaign budgets and bring projects in on budget.
The Program Director may be called on to participate in pitches to win new business, which may entail:
- Research for new opportunities/pitches.
- Team leadership/support in new or existing business pitches.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Networking ability at industry events/conferences.
- Plan, presentation, and budget development.
The Program Director may have team members assigned to work with them on client accounts, which may entail:
- Effective delegation and instruction to team members. This includes overseeing work performed by team members to ensure a quality product.
- Provide constructive performance feedback for team members.
- Quality assurance for team work product.
- Provide training, motivation, and coaching of team members and other agency employees.
- Proactive management of team members in terms of duties, responsibilities, professional growth, preparation and timely delivery of performance reviews, and other expectations as necessary.
- Strong interviewing, evaluation, and issue resolution skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least five years PR agency or equivalent corporate experience in a technology-related field.
- College degree in English, journalism, communications or related field.
- Effective deadline management and workload prioritization (team-wide).
- Follow-through and attention to detail on account work.
- Conversant about key industry trends/issues.
- Strong understanding of client products, services, underlying technology and competitive landscape.
- Strong business and personal relationships (or ability to cultivate such relationships) with key members of media/analyst/influencer communities.
- Expertise in one or more areas of technology.
Interested applicants, please submit your resume to email@example.com
and include PROGRAM DIRECTOR in the subject line.