You are an expert at executing world-class internal communications strategies that engage employees at every level. You are a true and strategic partner to the head of corporate affairs and public relations. A trusted advisor to the executive team, you possess a “what’s possible” outlook while providing insight regarding the best way to communicate key issues and initiatives. People leadership is your gift. There is mutual trust and your team believes in your commitment to providing clear vision for the work at hand and helping them learn and grow. You’re ready to lead the way for Nordstrom to exceed their employee engagement goals and continue their standing as one of the best places to work (Fortune top 100).
- Strategic – You can see the forest through the trees and know how to craft strategic short and long-term programs that are aligned with business goals.
- People Leader – You have an exceptional ability to coach and develop your team, drive for performance, inspire loyalty and trust, manage the work and get results.
- Collaborative – You are able to quickly gain respect at all levels of the organization. You are a true team player who listens, asks probing questions and allows others to be heard.
- Results Driven – You find ways to succeed no matter what the challenge, taking ownership of responsibilities by evaluating, selecting and employing various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives. You are self-directed. And most importantly, you know how to deliver expected or agreed upon results.
- Conversational courage: You are not afraid to have thoughtful, crucial conversations up and across the organization. You know how to provide real feedback, when to push, and when to let go. You can influence various levels of leadership and have the courage to provide direct and actionable communications counseling to executives.
- Flexible – You are ready and able to adapt to different challenges quickly and comfortably. You effectively work with change and lead others through it.
- Manages complexity – You understand complex ideas or problems. You work to identify the root cause and can synthesize and formulate an understandable and executable communications solution.
Internal/Executive Communications Expertise
- Communications professional – has excellent multi-faceted communication skills that drive action and get results. Strong interpersonal, verbal, writing, listening and presentation skills.
- Drives vision – ability to translate business goals/vision into a compelling internal communications strategy that drives engagement and is grounded in a deep understanding of our business, people and culture
- Deep knowledge – demonstrates knowledge and strategic leadership in tools including intranet, workplace, workday, live simulcasts/meetings, mobile and social. Will develop and enhance existing internal media and tools, and establish new, innovative internal communication tools and technologies as needed.
- Creative execution – experience overseeing a creative team and understanding of the process of developing brand assets while maintaining consistency and alignment across internal and external brand voice and visuals.
- Operates at multiple levels – can operate at a strategic big picture level and has the curiosity to understand, coach and manage the fine details.
- Change leadership – can navigate, lead and drive cross-functional change and business transformations.
- Fiscal responsibility — manages financial and operational planning for team (Please verify) yes
- Consulting Experience – run a center box organization of consultants that supports various areas of the business.
- Employee communications – has experience delivering messages to thousands of employees around the country; knows how to connect strategy to daily work. Understands how to deliver messages in an engaging and modern way.
- Thought Leadership – seen as the internal communications expert, provides an informed opinion and is seen as a trusted advisor. Can inspire others with innovative actionable approaches and knows how to replicate success.
- Sees around the corners — Able to anticipate trends, manage issues and advise colleagues and leadership accordingly.
- Strong people leader — Develops and manages direct reports and expects excellence. Understands team’s individual skills, contributions and areas of development. Provides direct feedback, coaching and motivation to engage and retain talent.
Company culture, values
- Ensures company’s culture, values and beliefs are integrated into the communications efforts and that it is consistent across channels
Key Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 to 12 years’ experience in management and leadership roles with progressively larger responsibility
- Minimum 7 – 10 years management experience in Communications (internal preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of retail and the service environment of Nordstrom
- Ability to build strong relationship with peers and senior leadership
- Strong strategic planning abilities and critical thinking skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
Interested in learning more? Submit your resume to email@example.com