Linsey Careers is working exclusively with Hubbell Communications to identify top talent for this role.
You: You’re burned out on the tired agency model treadmill. You are done saying “yes” to every impossible, nonsensical request at 10:00 pm while having every PTO hour tracked and approved. You’re done working with talented assholes. You feel like you’ve risen to a level where you’re stuck and no longer growing into an executive leadership role. You want more control and ownership in what you’re doing and where you put your professional energy. You’re constantly asking yourself “what’s next for me?” amid this Great Resignation. You believe in making things better, not selling people shit they don’t need. You want to work somewhere you can be yourself, be fearless, and feel confident calling bullshit and helping shape the company’s vision and direction.
Us: We (Hubbell) may be just what you’re looking for. Check out our newest role on a team trying to be the un-agency agency and working to make progress happen on climate policy, healthcare reform, education access, the housing crisis, and a few other big problems out there.
HUBBELL Core Values
We are an agency that welcomes diverse people, voices, backgrounds and experiences – lived and otherwise. We celebrate different ways of looking at a problem while coming together with a shared belief in doing high-impact work.
Our culture is rooted in our core values:
Embrace the friction. We name the elephants in the room. We believe challenging an idea makes it better. We know progress requires compromise and brilliant ideas go through many drafts. We know it’s not about what we did last but what we can do next.
Be fearless. We are an agency who leads our peers, not one that that accepts the status quo. We take risks that stand to increase our growth. We do not “blame-and-shame” among our team. When one of us falters we all learn to do better. We aren’t afraid of what we don’t know. We are endlessly curious. We want to be known for things no one else is doing, not that we can do what everyone else does.
Whiteboards. Not cookie-cutters. We are not a cut-and-paste agency. We don’t approach problems with the solution. We approach every problem with questions. We are obsessive in our desire to understand the complex. We poke holes in assumptions. We question the status quo. We celebrate diverse ways of understanding a challenge.
Be the net. We hold each other accountable. We know our whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We give opportunities for others to step up instead of asking them to step aside. We look out for each other. When one of us falters, we help them get back up. We never leave one of our own out on the field.
Never stand still. We know a victory is a moment before the next battle. We refuse to use expertise as an excuse for the status quo. We know that change is constant. We look for where the puck is going to go, not where it is. We look around corners to see what others can’t. We watch trends that help identify opportunities.
Value drives cost. We don’t sell our time; we sell the value we create. We know it is our collective expertise, not our capacity, that drives demand for our business. We know that knowledge, networks, and access are more valuable than our availability or the billable hours in the day.
- An experienced agency professional with 15+ years of experience in public affairs consulting.
- Experience working for a public relations/public affairs agency and/or an in-house corporate communications team.
- A veteran organizational manager with an ability to coach project teams through the creation of complex campaigns in a variety of business and policy sectors.
- An adaptable communications practitioner comfortable working across multiple verticals – from corporate communications to advocacy communications to government relations.
- An excellent writer with a proven ability to develop publishable content for both clients and the agency.
- A strong understanding of the changing forces in the communications landscape – and an understanding of both traditional media and emerging trends in data, analytics, and social media influence.
- An ability able to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and assignments while maintaining our rigorous standards for high-quality work.
- A believer in the importance of company culture – and adhering to the core values that allow that culture to thrive.
- A demonstrated “citizen leader” who employs a “no job too small” attitude and is willing to do what it takes to service clients and who never says, “that’s not my job”.
- Knowledge of public policy issues and industry experience working with clients in healthcare, energy, education, transportation, and/or land use planning and development.
- Excellent writing skills and a proven ability to condense information into proposal, plans, and client-ready communication with minimal to no oversight.
- Confidence navigating complex client relationships and experience managing incoming client requests.
- Strong internal communications skills with an ability to build relationships and problem solve with internal project teams and partners.
- Proven client leadership experience with an ability to manage evolving needs and incoming requests – including managing teams and staff who needs guidance on tactical deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience navigating clients through crisis situations and an understanding of crisis communications strategies and tactics
- Strong presentation skills and confidence speaking in front of groups of people – including experience pitching new business, giving on-the-record media interviews, and presenting at conferences and events.
- An understanding of the agency / consulting culture, including meeting client demands, handling client relations, and ensuring client needs are consistently met.
- An unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 15+ years’ experience in public affairs
Interested applicants, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “VP PA” in the subject line.